Version 2 - March 1, 2023
We at AfterShoot, Inc. (“Aftershoot”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), accessible at https://aftershoot.com, consider the privacy of our users one of our main priorities.
Data We Collect
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal data that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal data we collect may include the following:
(1) Registration and Contact Data
We collect data about you when you (a) register to use the Service and (b) otherwise provide contact information to us via email or through our Service (either directly on the Website, in the Aftershoot app or other Aftershoot resources). This data you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other similar information.
(2) Payment Data
(3) Feedback Data
This type of data includes quantitative or qualitative information collected from you via customer interviews, surveys, and similar, collected through different channels such as conference calls, phone calls, survey questionnaires, emails, or other similar channels.
(4) Navigational Data
(5) Third-Party Platforms
We may collect data when you interact with our marketing activities, including advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include data such as “Likes” or other reactions, comments, profile data gathered from social networking sites, or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
(6) Other Data
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
The images collected by Aftershoot will be used solely for the purposes of training the Machine Learning models used in Aftershoot. These images will never be reproduced, resold, or redistributed in any manner and you can contact us at any time to have them deleted forever.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name and email address.
How We Use Your Data
We use the information we collect in various ways, including in order to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain the Service;
- Improve, personalize, and expand the Service;
- Understand and analyze how you use the Service;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Verify your identity;
- Send and respond to emails and other types of digital communications;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- Respond to lawful requests by authorities and meet relevant regulations;
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for legitimate business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract; and
- Redirect your information to the appropriate stakeholders in case of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or liquidation.
We will never use the information for the following purposes:
- Redistributing the content without your approval
- Repurposing or republishing the content
- Reselling the content
- Or any other misuse of the content
Aftershoot follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
How We Secure Your Data
We take our responsibility to protect your personal data very seriously. In this regard, we use physical, technical and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable standards to secure your information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When sensitive personal data (such as a credit card number and/or geo-location data) is collected on our Websites or Service and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. If you have any questions about the security of your data, please contact us.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Note that Aftershoot has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
3rd Party Privacy Policies
Thus, we are advising you to consult the respective Privacy Policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information and contact them directly to respond to your questions. It may include their practices and instructions about how to opt out of certain options.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Additionally, under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
(1) Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
(2) Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
(3) Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR (Data Protection Rights)
We are committed to helping our customers meet the data subject rights requirements of GDPR and we would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
As per the data protection principles under GDPR, every user is entitled to the following:
(1) The right to access – You have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
(2) The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
(3) The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions. In this case, Aftershoot will not process your data for any other purpose than storing it.
(4) The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
(5) The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
(6) The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
(7) Withdraw your consent at any time - You have the right to withdraw consent previously given it to the processing of your personal data.
This GDPR data protection rights clause might not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal data. Should you require any additional information, please submit a request via email.
If you make a request, we will do our best to respond as soon as possible, within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the email address provided in this Policy.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Aftershoot does not knowingly collect or process any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13, nor do we provide our Service to children under the age of 13.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately via email to the address provided in the Contact Details section, and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
International Data We Transfer
Data Retention Duration
We retain the personal data you provide us for the duration necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you, or for the duration required for compliance with applicable law, whichever is longer. We will delete this data from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
For any questions, additional information or other requests, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.